We are pleased to invite you to InterAction’s Safeguarding Workshop, hosted by InterAction’s From Pledge to Action Project. Please find the event details below.
In the past few years, humanitarian and development organizations have made great strides in strengthening systems to better prevent and respond to sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH). To date, 141 organizations have signed InterAction’s CEO Pledge on Preventing Sexual Exploration, Abuse, and Harassment by and of NGO staff . Further, organizations have invested their own resources to establish robust safeguarding frameworks and developed countless tools and resources to prevent and respond to SEAH.
While there has been much progress, safeguarding requires continuous, intentional effort to be done well. After more than two years of meeting and coordinating online, it’s time to come together as a sector to reflect on the progress made, identify the challenges that remain ahead, and create a roadmap for moving forward.
Please note the following agenda is subject to change
- Morning: Opening plenary/panel discussion: safeguarding and human rights
- Breakouts: learning, sharing, and ongoing challenges
- Closing plenary/panel discussion: community engagement
- Morning: Opening plenary/panel discussion: organizational culture and developing a culture of safeguarding
- Breakouts: challenges, best practices, and recommendations
- Morning: Subgrant and materials exposition
- Afternoon: Informal networking opportunities
InterAction has reserved a block of rooms at The Lyle Hotel in the DuPont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC. For information on how to access the hotel block, please email Kirsten Mullin .
For any further information, please reach out to Meriwether Beatty or Kirsten Mullin .